If you forgot your password please reset it by following the steps below on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch with watchOS 8 or later:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password.
- If you're signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you'll be prompted to enter the passcode for your device.
- Follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
FORGOT APPLE ID
Your Apple ID is the account you use to sign in to all Apple services. If you forgot the email address or phone number that you use with your Apple ID or aren't sure if you have one, you can look it up or check if you're already signed in to an app or service.
Check to see if you're signed in on your device, or check if you're signed in to Apple apps or services.
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch In your iOS settings, your Apple ID email address is below your name.
- Tap Settings, then tap your name.
- On your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
- On your PC
- Open iCloud for Windows, then look for your Apple ID under your name.
- Other ways to find your Apple ID
- You can check if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID pre-fills on the sign-in screen.
- Check your inbox for emails from Apple
- In some emails from Apple, the email might include your Apple ID. Here it's in parentheses and highlighted.